Name:
Location: Downsville, Australia

Either you know, in which case there's no point reminding you. Or you don't, in which case why are you checking out my blog. Actually that last sentence seems prety antisocial. However I still cannot be arsed giving any more info. Just read the blog and you might get some idea.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

It has been a considerable period since my last post. The main reason is that I have had another ISP go belly up on me. Unfortunately I have been too broke until now to reconnect with someone else. The reason for Rawnet's collapse seems to be a combination of a certain level of dodginess on their part and a huge amount of malicious effort on the part of our beloved Telstra Pigpond.

As for what has been happening to me in the long break. Well you'll have to come and visit me to find out. For those who cannot be bothered to do so here's the main points.

Went to Mt Isa for the 40'Th of one of Mon's sisters. It got down to three degrees during the day and barely above eleven. Otherwise, fun was had by all (The giant bonfire helped).

The Nazi zookeeper retired after his long service was up. The deputy zookeeper who was doing his job did extremely well did not get his position (because of this we will probably lose him at the end of the year). Instead it went to Dolores Umbridge. Well not really, unfortunately the lack of magical powers and an inclination towards torturing the animals takes away the only potentially interesting things about her. Instead the staff had assigned her the nickname because of her pettiness and love of bureaucracy. When she gets an answer she doesn't like from a staff member, she keeps on asking until they give up and she gets one she does like.

Polly visited. YAY

Other stuff happened too but I cannot recall anything at the moment.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger winstoninabox said...

nice 2c u back.

6:21 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

welcome back.

I'd put my name down for Rawnet and was expecting to be put on at about the time it tanked. I still haven't got my act together to get a new one (decided I need newer computer first)

8:05 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

I am very slow to come to the "welcome back" party, but welcome back anyway.

Sorry to hear you're having to put up with petty bureaucrats. It really does make life harder when people go out of their way to be difficult. Hopefully she will be promoted to the Ministry and you will get someone good!

Dave

4:06 PM  
Blogger Polysemous said...

Good to see you snook the dook.

2:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home